A case study that makes you wanna dance
How to make people dance?
The challenge faced by JBL was a lackluster engagement on their TikTok profile. With minimal interaction and a low number of views, it was evident that their content wasn’t resonating with their target audience.
JBL’s primary issue was twofold: low engagement and limited viewership. Their content wasn’t compelling enough to captivate the TikTok community, and as a result, they were missing out on the full potential to expand their brand’s reach and connect with the target audience.
There is always a solution at hand
To address this challenge, we adopted a strategic approach. We divided the content into four distinct categories:
- Culture of Movement and Dance: This section showcased the universal language of music through dance, connecting JBL with the vibrant world of dance enthusiasts.
- Entertainment Content: We introduced fun and entertaining content to create a deeper emotional connection between the brand and its audience.
- Product Personalization and Characterization: By humanizing and personalizing their products, we aimed to make them more relatable to the TikTok audience.
- Educational Sports Content: We added an educational touch to sports content, helping users understand how JBL products could enhance their sports experience.
Despite the not-so-great results, we opted for a somewhat daring move. Instead of going with the classical influencers, we shifted towards well-respected dancers from the dance community. This way, we aimed to make real, genuine bonds with the people we wanted to reach. Furthermore, we have migrated our prepared scenarios and video content to a specialized platform, facilitating straightforward and transparent content management and project tracking for both the production team and clients. This platform ensures close client engagement throughout the process.
Our strategy yielded some impressive results:
- We increased JBL’s TikTok follower count by 105 %.
- The number of video views soared to 674k, showcasing a 236.5 % rise in reach.
- Engagement metrics, such as likes and shares, witnessed substantial growth.
- Our most successful post reached an astounding 224.8K individuals
What we learned and is being put to good use
Strategic planning played a pivotal role in the success of this project. Here are five key takeaways:
- Audience Segmentation: Understanding your audience’s diverse interests and preferences is crucial for tailoring content that resonates with them.
- Influencer Collaboration: Leveraging influencers who align with your brand’s values can provide authenticity and extend your reach.
- Content Diversification: A varied content strategy ensures that you engage a broader range of users and maintain their interest.
- Storytelling and personalization: Infusing your products with humanized, relatable stories can foster a deeper connection with your audience.
- Data-Driven Decision-Making: Regularly analyzing performance metrics allows for agile adjustments to your strategy, ensuring continued growth and engagement.
- Client involvement and clear communication are crucial. The platform of production studio 916 HUB has provided us with a better overview of the content, faster approvals, and as a result, it has relieved the production team of creative challenges.
By implementing these strategies and adapting to the evolving TikTok landscape, JBL was not only able to rejuvenate its engagement but also establish a more significant presence within the platform’s vibrant community.